Not sure where this recipe came from as it’s hand written in a pad on my recipe book shelf. It is GF, DF, nut free and soya free but totally delicious!
A friend recently brought us some Greek honey that MyItchyBoy wanted to try in a recipe so I dug this one out and it won us over immediately.
Orange, honey and rosemary chicken
- I orange
- 3 tablespoons of runny honey
- 4 chicken pieces
- 3 peeled, whole garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or dried equivalent)
- Pinch of salt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C/400⁰F/Gas 6
- Find a bowl or dish that you can marinade the ingredients in
- Add the zest of half of the orange to a large bowl
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze juice from one half to the bowl
- Add the honey and rosemary to the orange and mix together
- Take the remaining orange and slice it into thin slices and add that to the bowl
- Add the chicken, garlic and salt and mix together to coat the chicken
- Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins in the fridge
- Transfer it all to a roasting dish and cook for 35-45 mins, basting a couple of times
Serve with potatoes and greens.