I’ve been quiet over the summer, so I thought I would do a quick update of where we are with MyItchyBoy:
1. MyItchyBoy had blood tests in May of this year. We are still waiting to see the full results. Yes, four months later. The tests were requested by the dermatologist so they’ve only been interested in any results that have been useful for his eczema.
2. We are in the process of transferring MyItchyBoy from one allergist to another which has also involved also transferring from one hospital to another. This has been a herculean task that has involved eleveteen people from the NHS side and one very stressed me. Endless phone calls to endless people does seem excessive in a time where there is email and common sense on the loose. We finally got a letter about an appointment for a skin prick test. No idea what they think they’re going to test him for, but since the appointment also includes seeing the consultant, I’ll take it. I am sympathetic for the consultant as he is yet to know how long my list is (we’ve transferred hospitals due to having our annual appointment consistently delayed to a point where it was 11 months overdue) and how determined I am to get some answers.
3. MyItchyBoy continues to suffer with his eczema. We did have some respite over the summer. Elidel seems to have helped sometimes but not consistently enough to be sure it’s the thing that’s helping. The fact that you can’t expose treated skin to the sun made it a tricky thing to use over the summer. We only managed the Protopic once due to the same reason plus you have to have a 4 hour gap between applying that and usual emollient. As if bedtimes with an eczema child aren’t tricky enough…
That’s it for now. I will get around to posting about MyItchyBoy’s allergic reaction on holiday at some point soon.